RSV POC Test Kit – QuickVue (Box of 20 Tests)
Contact us to Purchase
QUICK SHIPPING! Ground, 2-day, and overnight (M-F) shipping available on in-stock test kits! All in-stock parcel shipment orders received before 1pm EST/10am PST ship same-day!
Contact Us to Purchase
Fast & Secure Checkout
- The QuickVue RSV Test is a dipstick immunoassay which allows for the rapid, qualitative detection of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) antigen (viral fusion protein) directly from nasopharyngeal swab, nasopharyngeal aspirate, or nasal/nasopharyngeal wash specimens for symptomatic pediatric patients (eighteen years of age and younger). The test is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis of acute respiratory syncytial viral infections. It is recommended that negative test results be confirmed by cell culture. Negative results do not preclude RSV infection and it is recommended that they not be used as the sole basis for treatment or other management decisions. The test is intended for professional and laboratory use.
- Results in 15 minutes, or less
- Room temperature storage (24 months from date of manufacture)
- Built-in positive and negative controls confirm the test has performed properly
- Positive and negative external controls provided in the kit
- Two color result
- 3 step procedure
- Individually packaged for convenient single-use testing and disposal
- Nasopharyngeal Aspirate:
- Sensitivity: 99%
- Specificity: 92%
- Nasopharyngeal Wash:
- Sensitivity: 83%
- Specificity: 90%
- Individually packaged test strips (20): Mouse monoclonal anti-RSV viral fusion protein and control line protein
- Extraction reagent bottle (1): With detergents and 0.2% sodium azide
- Extraction tubes (20)
- Disposable droppers (20)
- Nasopharyngeal swabs (20)
- Positive RSV control swab (1): Swab is coated with non-infectious RSV antigen
- Negative control swab (1): Swab is coated with formalin-inactivated, non-infectious Streptococcus C antigen
- Package insert (1)
- Quick reference instructions (1)
How To Use QuickVue RSV POC Test
Using the test is simple, and each kit comes with everything you need to complete the process. Detailed and illustrated instructions are also included.
Follow these steps to administer this RSV test :
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Method:
- To collect a nasopharyngeal swab sample, carefully insert the swab into the nostril and using gentle rotation, push the swab into the posterior nasopharynx.
- Gently rotate the swab three times, then remove it from the nasopharynx.
- Nasopharyngeal Aspirate Method:
- Instill a few drops of sterile saline into the nostril to be suctioned.
- Insert the flexible plastic tubing along the nostril floor, parallel to the palate.
- After entering the nasopharynx, aspirate the secretions while removing the tubing.
- The procedure should be repeated for the other nostril if inadequate secretions were obtained from the first nostril.
- Nasal/Nasopharyngeal Wash Method:
- Follow your Institution’s Protocol for obtaining wash specimens. Use the minimal amount of saline that your procedure allows, as excess volume will dilute the amount of antigen in the specimen.
- The following are examples of procedures used by clinicians:
- The child should sit in the parent’s lap facing forward, with the child’s head against the parent’s chest. Fill the syringe or aspiration bulb with the minimal volume of saline required per the subject’s size and age. Instill the saline into one nostril while the head is tilted back. Aspirate the wash specimen back into the syringe or bulb. The aspirated wash sample will likely be at least 1 cc in volume.
- Alternatively, following instillation of the saline, tilt the child’s head forward and let the saline drain out into a clean collection cup.
What are the Quality Controls?
- Built-in Control Features:
- The QuickVue RSV Test contains built-in procedural control features. The manufacturer’s recommendation for daily control is to document these built-in procedural controls for the first sample tested each day.
- The two-color result format provides a simple interpretation for positive and negative results. The appearance of a blue procedural Control Line provides several forms of positive control by demonstrating sufficient flow has occurred and the functional integrity of the Test Strip was maintained. If the blue procedural Control Line does not develop within 15 minutes, the test result is considered invalid.
- A built-in negative control is provided by the clearing of red background color, verifying that the test has been performed correctly. Within 15 minutes, the result area should be white to light pink and allow the clear interpretation of the test result. If background color remains and interferes with interpretation of the test result, the result is considered invalid. Should this occur, review the procedure and repeat the test with a new Test Strip.
- External Quality Control
- External controls may also be used to demonstrate that the reagents and assay procedure perform properly.
- Quidel recommends that positive and negative controls be run once for each untrained operator, once for each new shipment of kits – provided that each different lot received in the shipment is tested – and as deemed additionally necessary by your internal quality control procedures, and in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations or accreditation requirements.
- The Nasopharyngeal Swab Test Procedure described in this Package Insert should be used when testing the external controls.
- If the controls do not perform as expected, repeat the test or contact Quidel Technical Support before testing patient specimens. Note that the External Positive Control Swab provided in the kit is a moderately high positive sample which may not represent the performance of a low positive RSV specimen in the QuickVue RSV Test.
Buy QuickVue RSV Tests at SUNLINE Supply
When you need QuickVue RSV POC tests, shop with SUNLINE Supply for 24/7 sales availability. Our RSV tests are ready for same-day shipping if you order before noon EST. Buy your QuickVue RSV tests from a trusted company like SUNLINE Supply today!
|Dimensions||5 × 9.35 × 2.66 in|
16:04 17 Mar 23
Good product Nitrile Gloves and lowest price we have found. Their customer service and attention to making sure the customer is happy, exceeds what is found now days with most supplier. Thank you Connie. Definitely recommend.
14:26 17 Mar 23
Easy website to navigate and fast shipping.
19:55 16 Mar 23
Very nice to work with and understanding.will be using them more often now. They were fantastic working with an issue and I appreciate this company and the people that work there
22:16 14 Mar 23
The order came quickly and I'm very satisfied. The Gentleman I spoke to was very nice and helpful.
21:09 28 Feb 23
Sunline Supply has been my go-to source for Covid tests when I run out of my government or free prescription stock. They are fast with filling and shipping the order. Price is the best I've found. I will continue to use them throughout the pandemic.
18:12 28 Feb 23
I always deal with Connie for our large quality needs of COVID tests. The service is super fast, easy and dependable.
15:12 28 Feb 23
great products and wonderful speedy delivery.
03:11 22 Feb 23
They have product available and a reasonable price and shipping promptlyBuy buy buy from them they are very nice people very honest when prices rise or go down
22:40 21 Feb 23
Got what I needed. No fuss.
14:59 21 Feb 23
Super quick delivery of >460 kits and at a good price. I've already mentioned them to some peers.
15:56 16 Feb 23
There is a wide variety of products at an affordable cost.
16:26 02 Feb 23
I'm always looking for a great deal when shopping for supplies I purchase all the time. I came across Sunline Supply when shopping for gloves and they had the best price by far so I ordered. Not only was the product great, but the service, delivery and communication were all 5 stars.
16:22 23 Jan 23
Great pricing. Sunline has shipped my orders very quickly. I have used customer service and all my concerns were taken care of as promised. Easy and a live person to talk with!!
18:15 21 Jan 23
19:10 19 Jan 23
Products arrived quickly and as specified. Very happy with purchase and service. Will use them again.
17:58 19 Jan 23
Good price, shipped quickly.
17:40 19 Jan 23
Qualified Covid antibody test kits. Will purchase again