Showing all 3 results
Isolation Gown, Level 3, SMS Material, 510(k) – Carton of 50 Gowns$.99 / piece Select options
Surgical Gown, Level 4, SMMS + PE Material – Carton of 50 Gowns$1.50 / piece Select options
Isolation Gown, Level 2 (Open Back) – Carton of 150 Gowns$.39 / piece Add to cart
Types of Medical Gowns
Healthcare facilities across the country use disposable medical gowns to protect employees from contracting diseases through contact with infected patients. PPE gowns can also prevent wearers from transferring contagious pathogens that could put patients at risk. As a result, PPE gowns play a crucial role in infection control and should always be included in a hospital’s workplace safety strategy.
PPE gowns encompass a range of different gowns used in the medical industry as well as the industrial and construction fields. Any worker who handles potentially dangerous material — such as bodily fluids or toxic waste — should wear personal protective equipment in the form of a durable, fluid-resistant gown. In a healthcare setting, popular types of medical gowns include isolation gowns in various AAMI levels, sterile surgical gowns and medical protective isolation suits. All of our medical gowns are FDA-certified.
Closed-Back Hospital Gowns
Closed-back gowns offer maximum protection and neck-to-knee coverage to enhance your workplace safety. Closed-back gowns form an impermeable barrier, keeping your employees from coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens and bacteria.
Closed-back medical gowns offer a variety of benefits for medical professionals in any healthcare setting. SUNLINE Supply’s FDA and CE-certified gowns include features that will enhance your employees’ safety and contribute to a healthier work environment. Constructed from a combination of durable materials in multiple layers, each closed-back isolation gown is designed for optimal protection. Explore our gowns in a range of sizes and colors to find the right fit for your workplace.
Our line of FDA-certified isolation gowns helps prevent cross-contamination and keep wearers safe from coming into contact with infectious diseases, bloodborne pathogens and hazardous liquids. Proper isolation gowns are essential in a healthcare setting, such as an emergency room or intensive care unit, to protect providers against respiratory droplets and stop the spread of bacteria.
Isolation gowns include several features that offer unique benefits to wearers as well as employers and patients:
- Ultrasonic technology for enhanced tear and flame resistance
- Elastic cuffs for added protection and comfort
- Breathable, lightweight fabric for improved temperature regulation and comfort
- Enhanced resistance to fluid, alcohol, blood and static
- Durable PP and PE laminated fabric for consistent protection throughout the day
- Latex-free material to protect wearers with latex allergies
Non-sterile procedure gowns are a valuable form of PPE for any healthcare facility. Designed to keep hospital workers safe while treating patients in routine, nonsurgical environments, our non-sterile medical gowns provide effective resistance against bodily fluids. SUNLINE Supply’s selection of AAMI non-sterile Level 3 gowns are a critical way to build out your facility’s supply of personal protective equipment.
SUNLINE Supply’s non-sterile medical gowns offer incredible durability and secure protection in healthcare settings. These gowns are typically worn by visitors and patients as well as staff during routine care procedures. Non-sterile gowns offer numerous features, including fluid-resistant fabric, ultrasonic protective technology and PP and PE laminated fabric.
Open-back gowns are an ideal PPE option for low-risk medical environments. They provide a simple yet effective protective layer, helping to keep individuals from coming into contact with fluid splashes and sprays.
Convenience meets quality in our FDA and CE-certified open-back isolation gowns. These gowns feature long sleeves with elasticated thumb loop wrists for a secure and comfortable fit. The front of each gown provides comprehensive torso coverage, while the open-back design makes gowns easy to put on and remove. A flexible fit ensures that your staff as well as patients and visitors can comfortably wear the gown as long as needed.
Each gown is latex-free and designed with an impermeable thermoplastic material for superior fluid repellence. A heat or ultrasonic seam ensures each open-back medical gown can withstand the demands of even the most intense work environments.
Healthcare workers often wear sterile surgical gowns to protect their body and clothing from fluid and microbial transmission in a surgical setting. Sterile medical gowns typically feature long sleeves, fitted cuffs and neck-to-knee coverage in a multilayered, tightly woven material. Designed to create a sterile barrier between surgical staff and the surrounding environment, sterile gowns are generally worn during procedures with exposure to bodily fluids.
Sterile isolation gowns include numerous features that enhance their protective capabilities. Composite multilayered fabric helps create a barrier against viruses, bacteria and potentially infectious pathogens. Each layer is reinforced with anti-static, fluid and flame repellant layers for added protection. With their disposable design, sterile gowns can be used on a one-time basis. Ultrasonic technology in the arm and cuff, as well as a comfortable spun lace material, ensure the gown is easy to wear all day long.
Surgical gowns are a crucial form of personal protective equipment used by workers in the healthcare sector. Designed specifically for protection during surgical procedures, these gowns provide a highly resistant barrier to keep surgeons and healthcare providers safe from potentially dangerous pathogens.
There are several types of surgical gowns circulating in hospitals nationwide. To be considered a surgical gown, apparel must be approved by the FDA as a Class II medical device. Considered a personal protective garment, surgical gowns are worn by healthcare professionals during surgical procedures to protect employees and patients.
Surgical gowns provide an effective barrier of protection to keep the wearer from coming into contact with blood, fluid and other contaminants. Surgical gowns include various features designed to keep the user clean without sacrificing comfort:
- Ultrasonic technology: Ultrasonic technology included in each gown promotes tear resistance and flame retardance for superior security.
- Breathable fabric: Our surgical gowns feature lightweight, breathable fabric for both comfort and durability.
- Secured cuffs and collars: Soft yet sturdy cuffs and collars add extra protection for its wearer.
- Pathogen resistance: SUNLINE Supply’s sterile surgical gowns effectively ward off pathogens with fabric that is resistant to fluid, alcohol, blood and static.
AAMI Levels of Surgical Gowns
AAMI standards determine a gown’s liquid barrier performance capabilities. Each gown is rated for a different level of protection, depending on its fluid protection in a critical zone. When referring to surgical gowns, critical zones refer to the areas most likely to come into contact with potentially hazardous material. This zone typically includes the sleeves and front of the gown.
SUNLINE Supply carries PPE gowns in four AAMI levels:
- Level 1: As the lowest fluid barrier protection rating, Level 1 gowns should be used in minimal risk situations, such as basic care in a standard medical setting or as a cover gown for hospital visitors.
- Level 2: Level 2 gowns offer minimal to low fluid barrier protection, ideal for low risk situations. This may include completing low-fluid, minimally invasive surgical procedures such as blood draws or suturing. Level 2 gowns are commonly used in the ICU or pathology lab.
- Level 3: Offering moderate fluid barrier protection, Level 3 gowns are commonly worn in various surgical procedures and settings, including the emergency room or during trauma cases.
- Level 4: As the highest level of protective gown, Level 4 medical gowns are the only ones tested for viral penetration impermeability. In order to gain the AAMI Level 4 rating, gowns must be able to create an effective blood barrier, as well as a viral barrier. These gowns are ideal for particularly high-risk medical settings with a risk of viral contamination.
How Are Surgical Gowns Tested?
Before being approved for surgical use, PPE gowns are put to the test. Organizations such as ASTM International conduct numerous standard tests to ensure gowns can offer adequate protection. These tests typically assess the gown’s ability to provide a fluid and bloodborne bacteria barrier, as well as its level of fluid resistance, abrasion resistance, flammability and burn rate.
Through these tests, the industry can determine whether the gown is a reliable and effective form of PPE. Due to these thorough tests, companies using PPE apparel can count on their equipment to complete the task at hand and offer thorough protection to the wearers.
Features and Benefits of PPE Gowns
Quality medical PPE, including disposable safety gowns, has long been a critical requirement in the healthcare field. Other industries — such as oil and gas and construction — also require various forms of PPE to stay safe. PPE gowns protect both workers and patients or customers from numerous hazards, from bloodborne pathogens to respiratory droplets.
PPE gowns include various features designed to improve durability and fluid resistance. These features vary depending on the specific gown at hand, but generally include:
- Non-woven one-piece design for a clean, seamless finish
- Tear resistance and flame retardance
- Lightweight and breathable fabric to keep the wearer comfortable during use
- Fabric capable of resisting fluid, alcohol, blood and static
- Elastic cuffs for superior security
These features offer several distinct benefits to wearers. PPE gowns can provide:
- Protection for the skin against contact with contaminated surfaces and hazardous materials.
- Safety and improved health for staff, employees, patients and visitors.
- Comfort and peace of mind for workers operating in potentially hazardous environments.
- Security for employers who need to abide by workplace safety standards.
Contact SUNLINE Supply to Buy PPE Gowns in Bulk
As an FDA certified distributor of premium PPE, SUNLINE Supply is a trusted resource for companies looking to buy disposable medical gowns. Our specialty is providing quality personal protective equipment to workers in the healthcare, business and education fields. We offer a range of PPE gowns for sale at a competitive rate, empowering companies to protect both their employees and customers from health hazards and viral pathogens.
To explore our disposable safety gowns for sale, simply browse our full selection online to find the right fit for your needs. Contact us directly to request a quote or ask any questions about our products. Our team is here to help you create a bulk order that will meet your needs and keep your workers safe.
Have a few more questions? Give us a call today at (866) 217-7920.