Shop PPE Apparel from SUNLINE Supply
From health care to the utility sector, industries of all kinds incorporate personal protective equipment to enhance worker safety. Durable, quality PPE clothing can minimize the risk of injury and protect professionals from contact with dangerous pathogens and substances. It is crucial to select well-designed and FDA-certified gear capable of withstanding demanding work environments. Browse SUNLINE Supply’s selection of the highest quality PPE apparel to find the right gear for your needs.
Types of PPE Apparel — Suits vs. Gowns
When it comes to PPE apparel, there is more than one type of clothing to consider. PPE clothing often refers to two main styles — suits and gowns. Traditional gowns and suits are often used interchangeably yet each style has its own function and benefits.
PPE gowns can be open-backed or closed-backed. Depending on the type of gown and protection they provide, they will vary in AAMI levels from 1 – 4, can be sterile or non-sterile, and made from a variety of different materials, such as SMS or PP+PE. Many traditional gowns provide 360-degree protection that covers the bulk of the body, from the neck to the feet. Other gowns include openings in the back for convenient removal and may reach to the knee or higher.
PPE gowns are often used in healthcare settings because they are easy to use and offer a high level of protection and fluid resistance. While gowns can be permanent, many are disposable and designed to protect clothing for a short period of time.
PPE suits offer a greater level of safety and sanitation. Both medical protective isolation suits and medical isolation suits are designed to provide a barrier against bodily fluids, blood, bacteria and other contaminated materials. Our FDA-certified suits provide the highest protection grade and include hooded and cuffed tops and trousers for adjustable full-body protection.
Why Use PPE Apparel?
PPE apparel is designed to protect individuals from the dangers of chemical, electrical, mechanical or physical hazards in the workplace. Depending on your industry, PPE clothing can offer protection from hazardous chemicals, fire, radiological contaminants or electrical injuries. Protective clothing may cover the whole body, including face, hands and feet, and can also include masks to protect the respiratory system.
PPE apparel offers a number of vital safety benefits. Using certified, properly constructed PPE can:
- Minimize the risk of injury: The right apparel can make all the difference when it comes to preventing injuries and avoiding workplace hazards. Sterile gowns and protective isolation suits allow you to perform required tasks comfortably and conveniently with minimized risk of injury or contact with bacteria.
- Reduce the chance of contracting respiratory illness: Breathing in toxic gases or contaminated chemicals can cause serious short-term and long-term lung damage. Masks and full-coverage PPE suits protect workers from breathing in harmful substances, reducing the risk of respiratory disease.
- Protect your body from temperature fluctuations: Protective PPE suits can add an extra layer of insulation while remaining lightweight, flexible and cool.
- Prevent exposure to harmful contaminants: If your workplace includes exposure to chemicals, bacteria and corrosives, full PPE coverage is essential. Corrosive substances can spill, leak or splash, causing potential damage when it comes into contact with the skin or eyes. Protective clothing serves as a barrier between workers and infectious materials in the event of an accident.
PPE Clothing Across Industries
Industries of all kinds require PPE apparel in the workplace to maintain high safety standards. While our selection is primarily geared toward medical protective clothing, various industries utilize PPE apparel, including:
- Laboratories: Workers handling materials in a laboratory and medical setting must use specialized clothing to protect themselves from hazardous chemical exposure.
- Food and beverage: Facilities in the food and beverage industry must follow strict handling techniques, including proper PPE clothing, to stay in compliance. Suits and gowns can help prevent product contamination and protect employees from spills and other accidents.
- Oil and gas: The oil and gas industry often uses flame-resistant protective clothing to shield workers from severe weather and fires.
- Electric: Electric utility workers typically require fire-resistant PPE clothing capable of withstanding exposure to flames and electric heat.
Contact SUNLINE Supply to Buy PPE Apparel in Bulk
If your company is in need of quality-made PPE apparel at a competitive price, SUNLINE Supply has a solution. Our full line of FDA-certified gear offers complete protection for workers across a range of industries. Take advantage of our budget-friendly pricing and 24/7 sales availability when you buy PPE apparel online today. We will ship your items promptly to ensure your company has the gear it needs.
Contact us today to request a quote or learn more about our PPE apparel and other products.
By way of summary, Arnolds Office Furniture, founded in 1929 and based in Bridgeport, PA, is in the business of directly importing and exclusively distributing the SUNLINE brand of furniture products. We initially started our PPE venture in support of our friends, family, community, the country and our customers who are in critical need of PPEs during the COVID-19 pandemic.