There are many key factors to consider when deciding which COVID-19 test you should take. Individuals generally can go to a testing site for a lab test or use an at-home test kit.
Pros and Cons of Going to a Testing Site
Going to a testing site is an excellent solution if you need accurate results within the next few days. Testing sites typically perform a polymerase chain reaction test, in which the virus genetic materials are copied many times. This test can detect the virus even when you aren’t exhibiting symptoms.
Other advantages of this method include the following:
- Testing data can be shared, giving an accurate picture of infection rates in the community and helping authorities make proper decisions about stopping the spread of the virus.
- Medical staff on hand if you need additional care.
- You can feel confident knowing your test is administered correctly by healthcare professionals.
While testing sites offer more accurate results, they can be less convenient than home rapid tests. You have to take time to travel to the site, which may include some wait time, and you will need to wait several days to get your results.
Pros and Cons of Using At-Home Testing Kits
At-home test kits are a convenient alternative to lab tests. They have become a crucial aspect of public health protocols in mitigating the spread of the virus. At-home test kits offer many benefits:
- They are affordable and accessible, allowing many people to take them multiple times, which is important for those who go to work or school and may have an ongoing exposure risk.
- Results are available in as little as 10-15 minutes.
- They are still quite accurate, and they are ideal for those in isolation.
When using at-home tests, you must carefully read the directions and follow the given instructions for the best accuracy. You should also ensure your buy the test kit from a respected, FDA-approved vendor. If you test negative the first time, you should retest after 24-48 to ensure accuracy.
Get Accurate At-Home Tests From SUNLINE Supply Today
If you want at-home antigen kits, browse and buy online from SUNLINE Supply. SUNLINE Supply is an FDA-certified company, and we source our antigen kits from FDA-approved vendors for the most reliable resources. We make it easy to get the tests you need with online ordering, bulk supply and rapid shipping.